HEAD OF UNORC FIELD OFFICE (MULTIPLE POSTS IN MULTIPLE DUTY STATIONS) (NATIONAL)
More than 165,000 people lost their lives in Aceh and Nias as a result of the tsunami of 26 December 2004 and the earthquake of 28 March 2005. While the emergency response to those affected by the disasters was swift and generous, the need for significant ongoing support is obvious. The need to build capacity in the decentralized and democratic coordination of recovery and reconstruction programmes at the district/city level is critical for sustained recovery and longer-term development and is anticipated to continue at least until the end of April, 2009. To ensure effective coordination, the Office of the UN Recovery Coordinator for Aceh and Nias (UNORC) is recruiting experienced Heads of Field Offices to support ongoing policy and programmes of UNORC Headquarters.
* Bachelors Degree in Political Sciences, Development Studies, Humanitarian Studies or related field or Masters Degree or equivalent in Social Sciences, Humanitarian Studies or related field will be preferable.
* Minimum three (3) years of relevant working experience for Masters Degree or minimum of seven (7) years experience for Bachelors Degree at the national or international level in the areas of post disaster/post conflict recovery, development planning and monitoring or capacity building support to government institutions. Knowledge of institutional mandate and practice is a strong advantage.
* Experience and in-depth knowledge of recovery issues in Aceh and/or Nias is a strong advantage.
* Fluency in English (written and spoken) and Bahasa Indonesia.
* Knowledge of Acehnese language or other local languages spoken in Aceh and Nias is an advantage.
please follow the link below to learn more information about this vacancy and apply online