Consultant -Writer and Designer
(UNDP Indonesia Annual Report 2007), Jakarta
UNDP Indonesia’s mission is to be an agent for change in the human and social development of Indonesia. We aim to be a bridge between Indonesia and all donors as well as a trusted partner to all stakeholders. We work in four key areas of development: Governance Reforms, Pro-Poor Policy Reforms, Conflict Prevention and Recovery, and Environment Management, with the overarching aim of reducing poverty in Indonesia. Besides the four priority areas, UNDP Indonesia is also engaged in a variety of crosscutting initiatives focused on HIV/AIDS, gender equality, and information and technology for development.
The 2007 Annual Report should be an award winning product, highlighting results jointly achieved with national counterparts in 2007. To achieve this the consultant is expected to meet UNDP corporate standards and expectations and deliver a creative, insightful and easy to read product accessible to the general public and a range of stakeholders. The writer is expected to achieve the following results in the prescribed timeframe (8 weeks):
Provide options for the format of a results oriented Annual Report, drawing from best international practices;
Write and edit the content of the 2007 Annual Report;
Complete all stages of the design, layout and proofing the final version of the report, including selecting photos and providing captions;
* Knowledge of computer technology and relevant software (word processing, database, desk publishing, spreadsheet).
* Able to learn specialized vocabulary and technical terms in order to ensure accuracy in interpretation .
* Good interpersonal and communication skills.
* Proven ability to working in a multi cultural environment.
The candidate must meet the following criteria:
* At least a master degree in literature, communications, development, or relevant field;
* 2 years experience in the writing publications for the general public (particularly annual reports);
* Excellent English writing, editing and design skills;
* Extensive experience of report/publication writing for international aid/development agencies an asset;
* Work experience with UNDP or the UN system is an asset;
Please attach a sample of your work. As part of the cover letter, kindly indicate at least two references that we may contact, as well as your availability. Only short listed candidates will be notified. Applications received after the closing deadline will not be considered
to learn more and apply online visit link below