The international development finance institution Oikocredit provides micro-entrepreneurs, small businesses, groups of disadvantaged farmers, handicraft producers and other productive enterprises in Latin America, Asia, Africa and Eastern Europe with the capital they need to expand their businesses and improve their livelihoods, through loans and equity investments. The financial resources exceed EUR 250 Million and come from investments by churches, institutions and individuals. Oikocredit has 11 regional offices, 18 country offices, the International Support Office in the Netherlands and approximately 140 staff members worldwide.
Location: Indonesia (Semarang)
* The Country Manager will be an Indonesian national and will be based at the country office in Semarang.
* The Country Manager will be responsible for reviewing and implementing the strategy for Indonesia, for building up and managing the portfolio of existing and new loans and investments, for supervision and coaching of staff and in general for sustainable operations both with regard financial performance and social outreach.
Education and experience:
* Advanced academic qualifications in the field of economics, business administration or development economics with focus in Indonesia.
* Experience in evaluation of investment proposals and management of credit schemes.
* At least 8 years experience in the field of business, banking and/or economic development and management.
* Thorough knowledge of English is essential.
* Computer literacy.
Do you have a strategic vision and are you market-oriented? Are you independent and do you take initiatives? Are you able to work and develop positive relationships with colleagues and project partners of different social, cultural and religious backgrounds? Are you willing to travel occasionally? Are you ready to make a change? Let us know!