International Organization for Migration (IOM)
An intergovernmental organization established in 1951, IOM is committed to the principle that humane and orderly migration benefits migrants and society
Indonesia (Banda Aceh)
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Office (HoO) in Banda Aceh and overall supervision of the Senior Resource Management Officer (SRMO) and Chief of Mission (CoM) in Jakarta, the successful candidates will be responsible and accountable for managing the budgetary, financial, human resources and administrative functions of the Banda Aceh office and its sub-offices. In particular, he/she/they will:
1. Monitor and oversee the financial management for all activities including the oversight of financial expenditure and accountability; and in coordination with SRMO undertake financial analysis of all activities for Banda Aceh and its sub-offices.
2. Coordinate the preparation of donor financial reports in accordance with IOM regulations and established procedures.
3. Maintain appropriate internal controls to safeguard the Organization?s assets, control cash and prevent fraud.
4. Assist Project Managers and HoO in the preparation of Programme and Budget reports and proposals and review monthly accounts of the Banda Aceh office.
5. Supervise the management of the treasury by forecasting cash flows according to activities in Banda Aceh office and its sub-offices and ensuring daily control of funds disbursed; ensure funding is received in accordance with donor agreements.
6. Oversee budget control process and analyze variances between budget and actual expenditures. Assist the SRMO and HoO in the preparation of budget for new projects involving activities of the Banda Aceh office.
7. Ensure that Project Managers comply with general instructions of IOM and relevant permanent instructions for the whole mission, namely in the areas of general administration, finance and human resources.
8. Inspect payroll versus budgets, ensuring that salaries are correctly allocated to projects consistent with IOM?s projectization criteria.
9. Assist HoO in managing the human resources functions and make recommendations on recruitment, retention, promotion, and separation of staff. Apply internal HR policies, rules and regulations and make recommendations for resolving difficult or sensitive cases, in coordination with SRMO and the Human Resources Officer.
10. Supervise and train local staff on IOM’s administrative/financial policies and procedures; and, in coordination with SRMO evaluate monthly financial reports for all projects and take action to resolve anomalies and unusual trends.
11. Undertake regular travel to sub-offices in view to building financial management capacity of admin/finance staff on the field, ensuring that IOM rules and regulations are followed and in coordination with Project Managers and Procurement/Logistics Officers performing spot checks to service providers/contractors on financial part for project implementation.
12. Ensure validity of contracts with suppliers of goods and services as well as related administration authorities in cooperation with SRMO and Procurement and Logistic Officer.
13. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Education and Experience
a) University degree, preferably in Accounting or Business Administration, with a professional certification as chartered accountant or certified public accountant, or alternatively, an equivalent combination of relevant training and experience in accounting or finance; b) five years experience in financial management, accounting and budgeting; c) experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as with international institutions.
a) Excellent communication and negotiation skills; b) good knowledge of human resources management; c) familiarity with financial oversight and public administration; d) strong analytical, strategic and creative thinking; e) ability to supervise and direct staff; f) flexibility and open management style and ability to make effective decisions under time pressure; g) drive for results and effective resource management skills; h) knowledge of IOM accounting systems, software and procedures a distinct advantage: i) high level of computer literacy, in particular, experience in computerized accounting systems and software; j) good knowledge of MS Office specifically EXCEL; k) commitment to continuous learning; l) ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds and in stressful conditions.
Thorough knowledge of English. Working knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia an advantage.